Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Northern Ireland Courts And Tribunals Service would like to place cookies on your computer to help make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our Privacy Policy.

Court Funds Office

This page provides details of services provided by the Court Funds Office relating to funds held in court. Please click on the links below or else navigate through the Funds Held in Court menu items on the left hand side of the web page.

About the Court Funds Office

For an introduction to the work of the Court Funds Office please click here - nidirect website

Please click here to learn about Unclaimed Funds and how to claim money that you are owed - nidirect website

Compensation Awarded to a Minor - nidirect website

To obtain Useful Information on location, transport, facilities and services available at the Court Funds Office please use this link.

How to Contact Us

Court Funds Office
Ground Floor Laganside House
Oxford Street

Telephone: 0300 200 7812

Fax: 028 9072 8942

Court Funds Office Leaflets

Compensation Awarded to a Minor
Compensation awarded to a child by the High Court or the County Court is lodged with the Court Funds Office until they are 18. This leaflet explains how this compensation is invested, managed and paid out.

Turning 18 - How to have funds released from Court
When a young person is awarded compensation, for example due to an accident or other injury, the money awarded is held by the court on their behalf until they legally become an adult at 18. The branch of the Northern Ireland Courts and Tribunals Service that looks after that money is the Court Funds Office (CFO). This leaflet explains what the young person will need to do when they turn 18 so that CFO can ensure that they receive their money as quickly as possible.