Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Northern Ireland Courts And Tribunals Service would like to place cookies on your computer to help make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our Privacy Policy.

Fine Payments Online

If you have been fined on or after 22 January 2010, you can now pay your fine anytime online. The term "fine" is used to cover court-imposed monetary penalties, juror fines and fixed penalties which have been registered with the court.

If your fine can be paid online, the court documentation, fine notice or letter, you have received will contain a Case Reference and an Online Account Reference. You will need both of these in order to pay your fine online.

At present, we only accept MasterCard and Visa credit and debit cards for online payments.

You may also pay your fine by telephone using a credit or debit card.  Telephone the Customer Service Centre on 030 0200 7812 during normal office hours; or by posting a cheque or postal order payable to Northern Ireland Courts and Tribunals Service, quoting your case reference number and name, to Customer Service Centre, P.O. Box 256, Londonderry.

Note that failure to pay your fine within the time allowed may result in a warrant being issued, committing you to prison or a young offenders centre. The issue of a warrant may also increase the amount you are due to pay.

No fine payment can be made once a warrant has been issued.

To proceed to pay your fine online, click on the button below.


A Fine Payments Online User Guide is available online and can be found here.

If you are having problems using the fine payments online service or if you are having difficulty in paying your fine by the due date, please contact the Customer Service Centre on 030 0200 7812.

You may apply to the court for payment by instalments, further time to pay or to vary an instalment order. For more information please telephone the Customer Service Centre on 030 0200 7812. If you want to apply for an extension of time to pay a fine, you can download the form below. Complete the form and email or send it to the court office in which you were fined. Our court office contact details can be found here.

If you wish to apply for an extension of time please fill in the following form:

Extension of Time Application Form - Word

Extension of Time Application Form - PDF